There’s been conflict in the Middle East ever since the family fallout involving Isaac and Ishmael. And nobody expects it to be resolved any time soon.
But former Jordanian culture minister Salah Jarrar has a new proposal.
It would have every Jew who came to Israel after the Balfour Declaration of 1917 go back to the country they came from.
Born in Israel? Go back to where your grandparents came from.
And the money required?
“The U.S. and Britain will compensate the Arab states for the damage caused to them by the Zionist aggression against their lands, and for hosting the [Palestinian] refugees throughout the years of occupation.”
Jarrar wrote “all Israelis who took part in killing Palestinians will be turned over to the Palestinians to be prosecuted and to receive the punishment they deserve.”
Jews will leave Israel “with nothing” and the Palestinian refugees will get it all.
Jarrar’s proposal, published under the headline “An Alternative Deal” in the Jordanian government daily Al-Rai, was discovered by the Middle East Media Research Institute.
A former minister of culture, Jarrar is opposed to Trump administration peace efforts in the region.
“He wrote that this [Trump] deal reflects nothing but the weakness of the Arabs and the arrogance of Israel and the U.S., who wish to impose upon the Arabs a humiliating solution that meets none of their demands and restores none of their rights,” MEMRI reported. “Calling on the Arabs not to wait until the details of this deal emerge and not to regard it as decreed by fate, he urged them to propose a different deal, as part of which all the Jews who came to Israel after 1917 Balfour Declaration, and their descendants, will return to their countries of origin ‘without taking anything with them,’ the Palestinian refugees will return to their homes, and the U.S. and Britain will compensate the Palestinians and the Arabs for the ‘damage.’
“Whatever its nature, content and goals, the [Trump] Deal of the Century is a natural outcome of the current state of the Arabs, which is characterized by division, internal wars, insane conflicts, neglect, and a failure to confront the challenges, foreign ambitions and plots, and the Zionist occupation of Arab lands. Everyone knows that the more flexible and amenable the Arabs become, the more stubborn and arrogant the Zionists and their American allies become, to the point that they make demands that contradict all logic and every law and principle, and treat us as defeated, submissive and humiliated slaves. It has come to the point that we now see them trying to impose a solution that satisfies them but does not meet a single one of our demands or restore a single one of our stolen Arab rights.”
He said the following demands must be met:
- The Israeli occupation of the Palestinian lands between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River will end.
- All the Jews who came to Israel after the Balfour Declaration of 1917, as well as their children and descendants, will return to the countries from which they came, without taking anything with them.
- The U.S. and Britain will compensate the Palestinians for all the damage caused by the Zionist occupation to the land and its people.
- The U.S. and Britain will compensate the Arab states for the damage caused to them by the Zionist aggression against their lands, and for hosting the [Palestinian] refugees throughout the years of occupation.
- All Israelis who took part in killing Palestinians will be turned over to the Palestinians to be prosecuted and to receive the punishment they deserve.
- The Palestinian refugees will return to their homes and their property.
- The leadership of the Zionist occupation will sign a document stating that they have no rights, historical or otherwise, in Palestine.
- Should the Israeli side, or its American ally, wish to negotiate about any of these clauses, this will be put to referendum among the Palestinian people, and [negotiations will occur] only if all the children of Palestine and the families of all the martyrs agree to this.